Hi there, if you have stumbled upon this post you are probably a network marketer who has exhausted his warm market and now looking to learn how to generate MLM leads online for either your product or your business. This is the first article in a series of 3 in which I will cover the main 3 methods to get free network marketing leads. In this post, I’ll cover Blogging.
But before starting, let first answer a common question regarding MLM leads online:
How to buy MLM leads?
Let me first say that I DO NOT recommend buying leads for the simple reason that you can generate free network marketing leads yourself. And if you’ll follow my explanation on how to do that you will probably get more quality leads than what you will buy.
But in case you are not willing to invest the time and effort and have the money to buy leads, here are some recommendations for what to check when buying leads:
- Verify “how old” are the leads. Obviously, leads that are few months old might not be that good (depending on what you are promoting).
- Verify how unique is the list that is provided to you? To how many people does the supplier supply the SAME leads? If you are trying to promote your business and you are calling someone that has just been called by 3 other different business owners…well…
- Verify how the leads have been acquired? You will be surprised to know that “quality leads”, as the supplier will claim, are often generated by landing page saying – “enter your email to participate in a free contest to win an iPhone”…
- Ask what is the policy for unqualified leads (no soliciting people)? Do you receive new leads instead?
Let me be clear – I DO NOT recommend buying MLM leads. Keep reading and I’ll share with you a simple 4 steps formula to how to generate fresh network marketing leads uniquely to you by yourself. With that said, generating leads yourself takes time. So in the meantime, if you have the money, you can buy leads until you’ll start generating them yourself. Here is one recommended resource:
4 steps formula for network marketing leads generation system
As I mentioned above in this post I’ll cover ‘Blogging’. So without further delays here are the 4 steps:
Step 1 – Start a blog
In this step, I’m referring to the technical setup of a blog.
I assume that if you are not a tech-savvy, this looks like an impossible mission to you, but bear with me for a few more lines.
Step 2 – Define your Avatar
Decide what is the thing that you are promoting and to whom. Who is your target audience? Be VERY SPECIFIC! Now that you have this audience in mind start to write some quality content TO THEM. Make sure you are providing value and not just pitching your offer. Your main goal now is to create trust, not to make a sale. You also want to make sure that you are using the correct words in order to be ranked in Google in a reasonable place, otherwise, no one will see your post (keep reading to find out how to do that).
Step 3 – Build and nurture your list
Assuming you are doing the former step correctly, people will start to trust you and follow you. You can offer them to subscribe to your mailing list either for a free report or just to stay in touch. Then you’ll be able to nurture your relationship with them via emails even if they don’t visit your blog frequently.
Step 4 – Take the volunteers and duplicate
From your email list, few will step forward and will ask for more details about what you promote. Let’s say you are promoting the business opportunity. Now is the time to do the prospecting, and if they join, You duplicate – Teach them exactly what you are doing online. Now you probably think there is no way you’ll be able to teach how to generate MLM leads online to someone, especially if you are a newbie in this field yourself. And you are absolutely right! 🙂
So at first, blogging sound like something very simple but now it looks hard and complicated work, needless to say too challenging when it comes to teaching it to others…
So what do you do? You learn from the experts!
The experts on how to generate leads online are affiliate marketers. An Affiliate Marketer is someone who generates leads online for a specific product and receives a commission for each sale that is made via his leads. It is very similar to network marketing but with 2 main differences – you cannot build a team (you receive commissions only for products sold via YOUR personal links) and in most of the program’s you get the commission only once for each client (no recurring commissions like in network marketing). Hence, affiliate marketers need to generate dozens of NEW leads each month in order to stay in business.
That’s why I think they are the experts to go to if you want to learn how to generate leads online.
Okay, so where do we find them?
Best Affiliate Marketing program for learning how to generate online leads
So if you have reached so far, you probably came to the conclusion that you need some training program for yourself and for your organization (obviously you don’t want to turn yourself into a full-time teacher).
The program that I recommend for that is Wealthy Affiliate. This is not a network marketing company so you can sleep peacefully at night knowing that no one will try to recruit you or your downline. In fact, they don’t allow any prospecting activity on their community (so don’t try it if you don’t want to be banned).
Here are few of the reasons why I think this is the best resource for learning how to generate leads online:
- They have a HUGE amount of training on almost every topic – how to define your avatar (niche), how to set up a blog, how to choose the correct keywords while writing, and much more.
- The training is task-oriented, which means you will be guided step by step how to set up your blog even if you are a technophobe.
- Registration and membership are FREE (no credit card is needed). And as a FREE member, you will even receive a credit to build and host up to two websites on their platform for free! (you can use one to promote your products and the other to promote your business opportunity).
Click Here to read the full review on the Wealthy Affiliate platform or click here to register to Wealthy Affiliate for free and start exploring the platform yourself.
As you can see, this also covers the duplication part – just point your new downline to register for free and let the Wealthy Affiliate program do the training for you!
As always, your 2 cents on the topic will be appreciated 🙂 you are welcome to share them in the comment below.
Check this out and let me know what do you think.
To your success!
* Images courtesy of ‘Master isolated images’, ‘Alesanko R’ and ‘ Stuart Miles’ at FreeDigitalPhotos.net